Application of Statutory & Regulatory issues are a vital part of any project and all employees need to comply with these requirements.
In case if some member is reluctant to follow these and gives negative reactions, it may be handled with following approach:
- Recognize: It is important to recognize negative behaviour is taking place and it should not be left unaddressed.
- Communicate: The next move should be to have a private conversation with the person who has given negative reaction. Talk about what’s happened, its consequences, and ways to improve things. Try to understand the pain point of the person with regard to the compliances.
- Be Transparent: Transparency helps to develop a feeling of mutual respect between team members and team leaders. In turn, team members feel freer to contribute ideas and suggestions, enhancing creativity.
- Keep Communicating: Create an environment in which team members feel able to provide honest and constructive feedback, and team members feel confident to voice concerns and communicate with one another.
- Set Example: And, while it is vital to ensure any negative reaction is both detected and resolved, it is also key to set a good example yourself, especially if you're a manager.